[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Re: Ansteorra-chirurgeon Digest, Vol 14, Issue 6

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Wed Oct 6 14:50:33 PDT 2004

I see you point here, but we, as Chirurgeons, are not the arbiters of
morality.  That is up to the parents to teach and enforce.  To get into
the middle of something like this could just backfire into a full-blown
disaster.

I work with teenagers, and have for years.  I will also say this,
although it may draw fire:  teenagers are fully capable of walking into
CVS and buying a box of condoms.  They don't ask, either.

Gerita

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross

I would be interested to hear from those who are either Middle
School/High School counselors and/or related health professionals (since
they probably deal with in on a more frequent basis than the average
Chiurgeon).

However, IMHO, since the individual in question is under legal age to
purchase said condom, I would say no. If they persist, then I would ask
the teen to have their parent(s) come ask for it.  Then I would ask the
parents why they believe their son should need a condom.

If the teen does not want their parents to be involved, then I would
remind said teen that the legal age of consent in Texas is 17 years of
age.  There have been statutory rape cases where both the individuals
involved were as young as 14.
~A~