[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] comment

Crandall crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 10:38:25 PST 2005

I read the letter(s) from the Ombudsman for the Churgeonate.

And I want to make sure I understand the background of that BOD member.

A Doctorate in Nursing? And specialized in obstectrics?

Very impressive.

She also admits not to being involved with the Chirurgeonate. Does that mean that she had not taken the training that we (as Chirurgeons) have taken? I do not mean Basic First Aid, CPR, AED, O2, etc. I am sure that she is well qualified in those. I mean RATT team, armour extraction, how to handle heat prostration in a person dealing with hypothermia, during a tornado (just ask), and the many other SCA specific items that we as Chirurgeons deal with on a regular basis. And as not being involved, she has not gain personal knowledge of how the Chirurgeonate works. It that how I read it? If I am wrong, please correct my misunderstanding.

If I am correct, the letters also state that the changes are a given, and not a suggestion. And we are being ordered to cooperate.

Crandall, Fleam