[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Fwd: Re: [KC] Fwd: Please post tothechirurgeon's list

Carolle M. Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Wed Nov 9 10:54:03 PST 2005

<sigh> OUR Masters are not Peers.  That's the only thing that doesn't jive
with the rest of the SCA.  Are they afraid we Masters will revolt and
suddenly begin demanding Peerages?  Perish the thought!  I deal with enough
bureaucracy and nasty rumors without entering another realm of being
willy-nilly.

When will they ever learn?  I only know a very few Master Chirurgeons that
would be happy trading this title for one of Peerage.  The rest of us are
quite happy being "hey, you!  Chirurgeon!"

No, Peers do not go the whole 'guild' route.  Apprentices become Laurels,
and Protégés become Pelicans.  Although I served several months as the
Student of my Peer before he granted me the status of Protégé, that is not
required.  I'm glad he did it, though!

Gerita

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
www.japanesechinrescue.org
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun
is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if there is
a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross