[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Fwd: Re: [KC] Fwd: Please post tothechirurgeon's list

Carolle M. Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Wed Nov 9 10:48:24 PST 2005

Thanks, Crandall.  Your usual slightly sarcastic take on things has woken me
up.

Back into the bag go the things I am trained to use.  This bag is my
personal property.  Nothing within it belongs to the "Chirurgeon's Offfice",
whatever that is.  Personally, I hope it's the outhouse, so we can all go
there when we have a need instead of 'holding it' for an entire List!

My training, every second of it, is also my own.  It was paid for by me or
some generous friend who thought I'd be happy to receive it.

Worry not, Ansteorra.  I don't give a rip What you call me; Master
Chirurgeon Gerita della Mara is just one of the appellations I have.  I
happen to like this one; it humbles me that other Chirurgeons thought I had
earned it.  Humble is always good.  But if someone is uncomfortable with
"Master", then so be it.  All they need to do is yell "help" or "chirurgeon"
and I'll be right there, bag and all.

If anyone needs supplies, I as a human being will either share mine or work
with those who can get donations, or head up a 'gang buy'.  This has
absolutely no bearing on Gerita as an at-large warranted officer of the
Kingdom of Ansteorra in the Society for Creative Anachronism. It is Carolle;
just Carolle being what the gods decreed she should be.

Annalies is very right about one thing here: we, beginning at least with HE
Caelin, have worked very hard to give Ansteorran "wanna-bes" solid training
and encourage them to join us and work among us.  With the efforts of
several Chirurgeons (is anyone taking notes for the next Master vote?),
among them Caelin (already a Master), Arkell (already a Master <smirk>),
Caley, Cynthia, some weird dude from Northern Region (also already a
Master), and a few others, our guild has grown.  We are among the largest in
the known world - in fact, by now we may well be the largest.  We work hard.
We give up countless hours of events and wars to make certain that everyone
is safe, and wounds are bound up before they get the chance to be infected.
We are among the best-trained, and with y'all always screeching for more
training, I don't see that changing any time soon.

We are Ansteorran Chirurgeons, we know our jobs, we do them well, and
nothing we do or don't do is any more likely to 'earn' a lawsuit than yonder
marshal on the field as long as we stick to our mandate.

I still hope this kerfluffle goes the way of pickle barrel armor.  They both
have an odd aroma.

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
www.japanesechinrescue.org <http://www.japanesechinrescue.org/>
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com <http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com/>

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun
is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if there is
a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross