[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Ansteorra-chirurgeon Digest, Vol 14, Issue 2

Susan Delk ladydds at verizon.net
Thu Jun 7 14:34:50 PDT 2007

Hi Samuel,

    Welcome!!  I encourage you to go to the chirurgeonate website,
www.chirurgeon.net, and look up information on what is involved.  I also
encourage you to seek out chirurgeons at events in your area and we'd be
happy to help you.  Bjornsburg chirurgeons, please contact this good gentle!
    What is required is that you be first aid and CPR certified, a member of
the SCA, and you must be 18 or older.  You would be required to first be a
chirurgeon in training (CIT) and you would work under the supervison of
other warranted chirurgeons.  This is not just to see if you can perform
first aid appropriately (no tourniquets for the neck, etc) but that you act
appropriately in regards to SCA.  For example, you must learn the rules of
the list, when you can be allowed on an active battlefield, how to extricate
a fighter from armor or not destroy someone's garb that they spent countless
hours making.
    I would be happy to discuss this more with you, if you like.  What
events will you be attending next? Thank you for your interest!!

In service,
HL Genevieve
Kingdom Chirurgeon