[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Ansteorra-chirurgeon Digest, Vol 14, Issue 2

Carolle M. Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Jun 7 14:55:52 PDT 2007

Welcome!

You are welcome to explore our website at www.chirurgeon.net.  It will
probably answer a whole lot of your questions.

Chirurgeons are, in essence, First Aid volunteers.  We attend events, just
as every one else does, but a good part of our 'play' is to watch over the
fighters and everyone else, help with injuries as needed, help the
waterbearers keep everyone from dehydration, etc.

To become a Chirurgeon, you would need to fill out and application form (on
the website, I think), mail it to me together with copies of your First Aid
and CPR certifications (EMT covers First Aid) and your Texas/Oklahoma driver
license.  All of that in place, you'd become a "Chirurgeon in Training" and
would need to work directly with a Chirurgeon (not another Citrate events
where you choose to.  In time, you would be made a Chirurgeon.  The length
of time depends on a lot of things, including your skill at basic first aid
response, your willingness to stuff water down sometimes grumpy fighters,
and your 'bedside manner' as it were.  A lot of this depends on the
evaluations of those Chirurgeons you work with.

Hope this helps some,

HL Gerita della Mara
Deputy Kingdom Chirurgeon/Administration

Carolle Cox
Japanese Chin Rescue and Care Volunteer
www.japanesechinrescue.org
Dallas area Chin lovers
www.dfwchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
FMCPAAA President
www.fmcpaaa.org
Flower Mound CERT
www.fmcert.info
Pituitary Disease Support
www.pituitarydiseasesupport at yahoogroups.com

PTA Area 16 Arts in Education

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun
is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if there is
a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross

This is a private email.  It is not to be shared or forwarded without
express written consent from Carolle Cox