AD - Here we go!

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 23:27:54 PST 1999

Greetings All!

  I am sorry it took me so long to get on the list - I thought I had
signed on.  Anyway here is a copy of the Meridies dance guild charter
we've been using and the changes I think we would like to make.  Lets
have at it.

Your servant to command,
  Philip White

CHARTER
FOR
Ansteorran Dance Guild
A KINGDOM-WIDE DANCE GUILD OF Ansteorra

Purpose:    The purpose of the Guild shall be to promote the learning
and teaching of Medieval, Renaissance, and SCA dances throughout the
Kingdom of Ansteorra.
Goals: The goals for the Guild at the time of chartering shall be
five-fold:
<<>><<>><<>>
Took out Ethnic
<><><><><><><><>

1.	To facilitate communication between existing local dance guilds,
and to assist any local group in founding a dance guild for itself.
2.	To assist any local group which wants to have dance classes, either
at meetings or events.
3.	To maintain a roster of dance teachers throughout the Kingdom.
4.	To produce and keep current a Kingdom-wide dance manual and dance
tape.
5.	To encourage widespread teaching and research of Medieval,
Renaissance, and SCA dances.
<<>>>>>>>><<<<<<
Took out Ethnic
<<<<<<<>>>>>>><<<>

Membership: Any person in the SCA who is interested in dance may
become a member of the Ansteorran Dance Guild.  There shall be four
types, or levels, of memebers: Guild Memeber, Inceptor, Journeyman,
and Magister of the Dance.

1.	Guild Member -- A Guild Member is a person who is interested in
Medieval, Renaissance, and/or SCA dances. The Guild Member is expected
to know, or to learn: basic dance etiquette, basic dance steps for
branles and pavans, and one or two dances known generally throughout
Medidies.  One becomes a Guild Member by sending his/her SCA and
mundance name andd address to the Guild Proctor, expressing interest.
The Guild Memeber will be informed of Saltare's activities and
projects.
<<<<<<<>>>>><<<>>>>
Took out Ethnic
<<<<<<<>>>>><<<>>>

2.	Inceptor -- An Inceptor is a member of the Guild who meets the
following standards:
1.	Knowledge of basic dance etiquette
2.	Ability to teach and lead at least five dances to a group of
people.  The Inceptor is requried to know the names of the dances and
the terminology of the steps used in those dances.  The Inceptor is
required to be familiar with some background information on each
dance.
3.	Wears an attempt at period garb while teaching dance.
4.	Practice courtly and chivalrous behavior.
<<<<<<<<>>>>>><<<>>>
Changed number 3.  This is what corpora requires (except fot buissness
meetings) so its the least we should require.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>

A person attains the level of Inceptor upon completion of the
following:
1.	A letter with a list off dances taught is sent to the Guild
Proctor.
2.	The letter should state where these various dance were taught -
local meeting, event, local dance guild, etc.
3.	The letter must be witnessed by any one of the following persons:
local Seneschal, local Minister of Arts, local dance guild head, or a
Journeyman or Magister of the Dance of Saltare.

The Inceptor's name is then added to the roster of dance teachers in
Ansteorra.

3.	Journeyman -- A Journeyman is a memeber of the Guyild who meets the
following standards:
1.	Knowledge of basic dance ettiquette.
2.	Ability to teach and lead at least ten dances to a group of
people.  The Journeyman is requried to know the names of each dance
and the terminology of the steps in each dance, and background
information on each dance (i.e., type of dance, country of origin,
approximate date of each dance).
3.	Wears an attempt at period attire while teaching dance.
4.	Practice courtly and chivalrous behavior.
<<<<<<<<<>>>>><<<>>
Same change to 3.
<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>
        A person attains the level of Journeyman upon completion of
the following:

1.	A letter with a list off dances taught is sent to the Guild
Proctor.
2.	The letter should state where these various dance were taught -
local meeting, event, local dance guild, etc.
3.	The letter must be witnessed by any one of the following persons:
local Seneschal, local Minister of Arts, local dance guild head.
4.	The letter must be signed and endorsed by either a Journeyman or
Magister of the Dance of the Guild.  The signature sstands as a
statement that the person is judged to be profficient in the areas of
teaching, knowledge, costume, and manner.

        The Journeyman's name is then added to the roster of
Journeyman dance teachers in Ansteorra.

4.	Magister of the Dance -- A Magister of the Dance is a memeber of
the Guild who meets the following standards:
1.	Knowledge of basic dance ettiquette.
2.	Ability to teach and lead at least twenty dances to a group of
people.  The Magister is requried to know the names of each dance and
the terminology of the steps in each dance, and background information
on each dance (i.e., type of dance, country of origin, approximate
date of each dance).
3.	Must wear an attempt at period attire while teaching dance.
4.	Must practice courtly and chivalrous behavior.
<<<<<<<>>>><<<>>
Same change to number three
<><><><><><><><><

        A person attains the level of Magister of the Dance upon
completion of the following:

1.	A letter with a list off dances taught is sent to the Guild
Proctor.
2.	The letter should state where these various dance were taught -
local meeting, event, local dance guild, etc.
3.	The letter should state at which events he/she was in charge of the
dancing.
4.	The letter must be signed and endorsed for each event by either:
local Seneschal, local Minister of Arts, or local dance guild head.
5.	The letter must be signed and endorsed by a Magister of the dance
of the Guild.   The signature stands as a statement that the person is
judged to be profficient in the areas of teacching, knowledge,
costume, and manner.

        The Magister's name is then added to the roster of Magisters
of the Dance in the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Guild Proctor: The person in charage of the Guild shall be called the
Guild Prroctor.  The Proctor's duties are as follows:

1.	To maintain a current roster of dance teachers in the Kingdom of
Meridies.
2.	To assist groups in locating teachers for dance classes at events,
local meetings, revels, etc.
3.	To assist groups who wish to start local dance guilds.
4.	To keep informed on the progress, projects, and activities of local
guilds (either through formal reports or informal correspondence).
5.	To report to the KMOA on the progrress, projects, and activities of
both the Ansteorran Dance Guild and local dance guilds.
6.	To produce and/or maintain a Kingdom-wide dance manual and
accompanying dance tape or appoint a deputy to do so.
<<<<<<<>>>>><<<>>
Changer 6 so that is was not the proctor making the tape, just
ensuring that it happens.
<<>>>><<<>><

The Guild Proctor may appoint deputies as needed.
The Proctor is chosen by the general concensus of the Journeyman and
Magisters of the Dance of the Guild, with the approval of the Crown.
The vote is counted at a designated official event.  Proxy votes are
recognized.

Regalia:
<><><><><><><><><><><><><<.
Ok, so regelia needs work.  I sugest the colors gold black and green
but we do not want bells.  And we would liek a badge for the guild.
Perronnelle - any ideas, you're the herald.  :)  And I think some of
us like the ideas of being able to recognize guild status, maybe we
can attach something to the badge.
ideas?
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Submitted to Their Royal Majesties __________ this ________ day of
_________, A.S. ________, by the Charter Members of The Ansteorran
Dance Guild,

Other Comments
We should have a meeting of all parties to decide our status within
the guild.  It may be a little unweildly but we need a place to start.
We will become the status when the guild charter is signed.  It will
allow us to become a productive guild sooner.  Ans most of us have a
good idea were we are anyway.

Um, that's all I remember right know.  I am sure that ya'll will fill
em in on what i missed.  So