AD - Here we go!

Russell russmax at cowboy.net
Fri Apr 2 09:03:42 PST 1999

Dancers,

   There is one other requirement that I've considered adding. It seems
like the best dancers/teachers also enter performance pieces into A&S
competitions. I'll bet Lady Yvette is good enough to be Magister level,
but people perceive a lack of self-confidence, perhaps. In performance,
you have to cultivate a "Damn, I'm good" attitude, or you won't have the
boldness you need to look good. We probably want our Magisters to have
this level of self-confidence, too. The dance Laurels of Meridies and
Trimaris certainly have it. Also, the performance requirement likely
means you are working on more difficult dances, else they wouldn't be
worth performing in a competition.

   Does anyone else think there should be a performance and/or
competition requirement for Magister level?

--Guillaume