AD - Performance requirements???

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 13:37:18 PST 1999

Greetings again,

Do we want performance requirements?  I want to stay away from
requiring cometitions entries but do like the performance.

Why no competitions?  I have entered dance in performing competitions
maybe 4 times and find the results disappointing.  I feal that we do
not have a good set of judges for which to score our entries.  I feal
I am a confident dancer but always get upset after entering a dance.
I do not think our kingdom is ready for dance as a competition.
(Which is something the guild would improve).  I do not want to
require dancers to compete in a forum where their is usually no chance
of succes.  (I may sound pessimistic but I hate being beeten by a
really BAD peice of modern bardic.)

Why performance?  It was period.  Everyone performed.  Confidence IS
important, dance is a show.  I suggest we require two performances at
kingdom calandar events.  Not nessisarily kingdom events.  This would
be for the magister le