AD - Re: Dancing at Crown?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Apr 5 10:07:08 PDT 1999

Russell Kinder (russmax at cowboy.net) said something that sounded like:
> At an event like Crown Tourney, there's just not much the autocrat
> can do.

They can do even less with Crown Tourney since the Crown makes lots of
decisions.

> Maybe take steps to make the list run faster, like multiple
> fields for the earlier rounds.

This is up to the Crown and not the steward.

> Schedule court before feast (this makes
> court go faster, since people are hungry).

*laugh* Not at Crown. Especially since the Crown gets fed throughout the
day.

>    Crown would be a great event to expect dancing, since nothing happens
> besides the list, feast, and court.

The problem is a driving force to do it. They were open to suggestions
for outside activities, but the only person who volunteered for anything
(ie. Kite contest) is going to be out of town.

> Something Philip and I were
> discussing before this mail-list was created was the idea of having a
> Princess' Ball at Crown Tourney and a Queen's Ball at Coronation.

This next Coronation would be a good time to start this since I believe
there is a ball already planned for it.

Ciao,