AD - Spreading the Guild

Robyn Bainter myfanwy at Ansteorra.ORG
Tue Apr 6 16:13:02 PDT 1999

At 2:23 PM -0700 4-6-1999, Kelly Erickson wrote:
>Suggestions from everyone potentially interested in the Guild can not
>hurt, but I don't see that we should go out of our way to get input into
>the charter discussion from people who have never taught a dance, or who
>don't even understand what a reconstruction is. As leaders of our local
>dance groups, we are responsible for providing them information and
>representing them in this discussion. But adding 300 people who have
>done Hole in the Wall once to this list would just add chaos.

I'm sorry...but isn't this guild supposed to include everybody who wants to
be a member including those people who are just interested in dance and
have never taught.  If so, then it needs to try to include feedback from
those people.  I have no problems with the initial guild charter doesn't
necessarily need a lot of publicizing but it wouldn't hurt to get a few
people involved.  If this guild is supposed to promote dancing but you
start by excluding dancers then I don't see how this is accomplishing the
goal.

In service,
Myfanwy ferch Eifion