AD - What to count as dance?

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:29:45 PDT 1999

>   How about--
>
>Purpose: The purpose of the Guild shall be to promote the learning,
>teaching, and dancing of court dance from these categories: the SCA
>period (pre-1601), the 17th century, the current Middle Ages (SCA
>creations), and the ethnic dances that are commonly done in the SCA.
>-----

How about,

Purpose: The purpose of the Guild shall be to promote the learning,
teaching, and dancing of court dance from these categories: the SCA
period (pre-1601) and the current Middle Ages (SCA creations and
other dances that are commonly done in the SCA).

I cannot accept including the 17th century.  That is going directly
going against corpora.  We would not be excluding Playford nor
encouraging dance natzies.

Lets have a compramise.  In the requirement for Journeyman and
Magister level state that 1/2 the required dance must be documented
to pre-1601.  Is this to much?

Philip

qjuak;j;akj
a,.ma.s,jal