AD - Hello

dewalden@flash.net dewalden at flash.net
Thu Apr 8 15:20:55 PDT 1999

Greetings all,

I introduced myself briefly earlier, but thought I'd go ahead and do it a bit more
properly.

I am L. Yvette Royd of Bryn Gwlad.  I have been in the SCA for about 12 years,
now.  I started out in Bjornsborg where unfortunately they do not dance much
(at least they didn't in those days!) so I was not really _properly_ introduced to
dancing until I got to Bryn Gwlad about 4 years later.  Most of you would
probably not know me from Adam, as my experience in dance outside of my
own local area is horribly lacking.  I did, however, meet a few of you last year
about this time when Bryn Gwlad hosted the Kingdom Dance and Music
Symposium (I was in charge of coordinating dance teachers).  I am currently
the dance mistress of the local group and have been so for close to four years,
I guess, but outside of that and local events, I have not really taught a whole lot.

One of my ultimate dreams is to be able to have an event - just a regular event,
not specifically a dancing event - where we could have straight dancing in the
evening without having to teach the dances first.  I absolutely LOVED the ball
at KDM where the dance was announced, the participants took their places
and the musicians started immediately, with perhaps a little calling during the
dance!  No running through it first.  I guess this sort of thing at regular events is
too much to hope for, huh? *sigh*

Anyhow, I look forward to meeting you all and seeing what kind of progress this
thing can make!  BTW, this whole controvery of Playford being post-period does
not overly concern me - my persona is from 1620 *gasp*!!

Yvette