AD - What to count as dance?

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 20:59:39 PDT 1999

>   I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm OK with or without the
>"1/2 pre-1601" amendment.
Yes, I want to exclude Playford if we want at least 1/2 of the 20
dances to be "period."  We have a good number of sources and 10 is
not that many.  I can accept those playford dances one would want to
claim to be pre-1600 such as Heart's Ease or Stains Morris.  Though I
have not seen anybody give reliable support for these.

I would like to see some compromise to having Playford, but also to
have some requirement for pre-1600.
Suggestions?

Philip

lkfjalkisjflakj