AD - guild purpose and goals

Kelly Erickson elinthetimid at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 14:19:00 PDT 1999

Can't we just write something like 'European dances appropriate to
the SCA'? This is obviously leaving things open to interpretation, but
I think we should be a little careful about limiting things too much.
Ten years from now, after extensive research from our exceptional new
guild, Ansteorran dancers may look down their noses at anything that
seems post period. Or Corpora could be expanded to 1650. Who knows. We
have to set standards that we can reach, but sometimes I get the
feeling we are trying to define the guild by how we see ourselves ("I
should be a magister, and I've only reconstructed one dance, so four
is just unreasonable...").
Elin