AD - What to count as dance?

WeeRosebud@aol.com WeeRosebud at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 22:51:05 PDT 1999

Really, I think that defining 'what dances should be counted' is only going
to be a bad thing.  If you really think about, one could easily get around it
by doing a bunch of bransles, which aren't very difficult.  So, someone would
think it was better for a magistrar to know ten ECD's and ten bransles?
What's the point?  20 dances sounds intimidating to a lot of people, and
besides, look at the requirements we have:

performance
20 dances
5 or 6 events
reconstructions/choreographies

Is it really necessary?  Doesn't it muck it all up?  Will it achieve anything
but making us look like snobs?  I'm not, personally opposed to it, but I
really don't see how it promotes dance.  If we were a kingdom with a huge
amount of dancers, I would agree.  It is hard enough to get people to dance
as it is.

~Isabeau