AD - AD-reply to better points. . .

Hemophelia@aol.com Hemophelia at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 19:19:50 PDT 1999

Greetings to All:

The evening has slowed down and I have found my voice, and so I will reply to
some of the better points that have been put forth in the last few days.

I agree with Guillame, Ihon, and whoever else said it:  who would want to
only know twenty ECD?  Later period (and as some of you would have it: out of
period) English Country Dance certainly shouldn't be discounted. . .from the
perspective of a shrinking violet who has been dancing for less than a year,
I would have to point out that I don't think I would have been able to become
confident, interested, and adept enough, in the beginning, to have continued
dancing were it not for the simplicity of learning that comes with most ECD's
(Not to tweak any noses, but bransles alone would not have held my attention.
. .).  It also goes to follow this statement that I agree with the first one
of Pug's revised purpose statements. . .and also with Pug's idea for
organizing the discussion in an orderly and diplomatic way.  Pug is the
coolest (well besides Estrill. . .she who pops in from time to time with good
ideas. . .not to say that the rest of you don't have good ideas: you have
great ideas. . .only her good ideas are timely which makes them especially
good ideas).

Pug's first revised purpose statement.
< Purpose statement: The primary purpose of the Guild is to promote the
< learning and teaching of Medieval, Renaissance, and SCA (original and
< commonly performed) dances.

Oh yeah, and if you must, I suppose since the majority of you are leaning
towards the elderly side of life (bwa ha ha) ;)> you can name us A.G.E.D. .
.and I will just remind myself that I am sage and wise beyond my twenty-one
years. . .

au revoir, mon cher amies et danseures
Helene