AD - Purpose of the Guild (Name)

Kelly Erickson elinthetimid at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:50:22 PDT 1999

I'm inclined to agree with Pug here. College seems to focus more on
education, and I think of a guild as propagating the art. I guess that
depends on whether you have a positive or negative view of medieval
guilds - negative, that they limited themselves to those willing to
follow their rules and learn their skills, positive, that they passed
on their expertise in order to improve and propagate themselves.
Elin