AD - first proctor/magisters

Kelly Erickson elinthetimid at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 14:05:56 PDT 1999

Well, earlier discussion indicates that the choice should be pretty
straitforward, with just a person to review the qualifications (I
can't even say check for honesty, because no one person will be able
to say, oh yes they ran dancing at this event and taught these 40
dances...). We can either choose a temporary proctor to oversee the
first few magister-makings, or to compile the initial list of members
(depending on which end we start from) who can then elect a proctor,
or have a small committee to review them, so no one person is the
god/goddess giving birth to the rest of the guild.
Elin

>I'm still wavering on how I feel about the levels - as always I see
pros and cons.  However, one thing continues to nag at my brain.  The
levels requirements as currently stated do not give us a starting
point  - for instance, a magister must say "yes, this is a magister"
but how are we going to decide on that first one.  I know a few people
who I would personally just place there even if I don't know that they
specifically meet the listed requirements yet.  But, I do not know all
of the dance teachers or dancers, so I can not make a well-informed
decision.  Was this why the discussion of performing for the entire
guild was brought up?  Just wondering, ;-)

>Yours in service,
>Lady Capricia, Namron

tasks.