AD - Recognition - levels - question

Kelly Erickson elinthetimid at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:18:29 PDT 1999

Unless I'm misunderstanding the concept here, the 'merit badge' idea
still has elements of the levels, such as requiring a certain amount
of performance or teaching, so I don't know that this is going too
much into details. Considering this is the biggest topic still
unresolved, I'm sure getting the feeling no one wants to talk about
it.
As for whether performances need to be at Kingdom Calendar events,
that requirement may be moot if we are already saying it must be
well-rehearsed and documented. I guess it is putting it more on the
honor system, that no one at a demo is likely to ask for
documentation, or expect a high level of skill.
Elin

Here is where we I think we should be liberal in what constitutes
an "event" We've already proposed that a local meeting or guild
practice counts; even teaching a single class counts as being in
charge of dance.
>Certainly running dance at a demo is equivalent to running dance at a
>meeting or practice, or teaching a class. It is like a class and a
>performance combined, in a way.

For performance, though, we've been saying it should be at a
Kingdom Calendar event. Should that be amended?

I know, I'm letting myself be dragged into the details of levels,
and the issue of whether we'll even have levels still isn't settled.