AD - Recognition - Levels (LONG)

Russell russmax at cowboy.net
Thu Apr 22 22:13:17 PDT 1999

   Thanks, Ihon, for your comprehensive and well-reasoned reply.

   I'm not sure we're going to be able to reach common ground on our two
positions. I'd like to try. Before we start into it, I'd like others to
have a chance to speak their mind, one way or the other. I don't want to
debate this too hard until we've decided if we're even going to have
levels. I admit that many people's opinions of levels will depend on how
the level system is implemented, and how much privelege one gets from
having the level.

   So, I apologize for not answering your reply right away. Everyone now
knows where the two of us stand. I wonder where others stand on this
issue (voting by the assembled guild members, as opposed to
self-nomination with a higher level sponsor), and levels in general.
That still needs to be decided.

Guillaume