AD - Recognition - Levels (LONG)

John F. Hirling macfergus at unidial.com
Fri Apr 23 04:44:45 PDT 1999

Guilliaume wrote something like:
* I'm not sure we're going to be able to reach common ground on our two
positions. I'd like to try. Before we start into it, I'd like others to have
a chance to speak their mind, one way or the other. I don't want to debate
this too hard until we've decided if we're even going to have levels. I
admit that many people's opinions of levels will depend on how the level
system is implemented, and how much privelege one gets from having the
level.
We may not find common ground but we will agree, I believe, once the Guild
has spoken because we will both try to make whatever is decided work for the
betterment of dance.  Neither of us is so invested in our positions that
we'd "take our toys and go home."
* So, I apologize for not answering your reply right away. Everyone now
knows where the two of us stand. I wonder where others stand on this issue
(voting by the assembled guild members, as opposed to self-nomination with a
higher level sponsor), and levels in general. That still needs to be
decided.
No apology necessary.  I almost didn't reply to your concerns for the same
reason.  I really didn't mean it as a debate.  I felt I needed to clarify my
earlier post.

--ihon