AD - Re: Rostiboli

Rosina del Bosco Chiaro rosina at pathcom.com
Mon Apr 26 11:47:45 PDT 1999

>   That leads to my best guess as to how the "riprese" would be done in
>Rostiboli. It's in 6/4 so we have to use up six beats. This step
>description matches my sense of the "misura" (ie rhythm & mood) of the
>recording on the Mesura Et Arte Del Danzare (Ducale CDL 002), and the
>sheet music in Master Avatar's Early Period & Popular Dance Music. A
>left riprese is described. To go right, reverse everything.
>
>1  A small step to the left, on the flat of the left foot.
>2  Pause.
>3  Rise on the balls of the feet and put the right foot just behind the left.
>4  A small step to the left, on the flat of the left foot.
>5  Put the right behind the left, also on the flat.
>6  Pause.

In your ripresa, is your weight ending on the right foot?  If so, it makes
it difficult to take the next step on the right.  If beat 5 has the right
foot only placed behind without transferring weight, or if there is a
subsequent weight change on beat 6, this could solve matters, but needs
to be specified.

Rosina