AD - guild purpose and goals
pug at pug.net
Thu Apr 8 20:07:14 PDT 1999
John F. Hirling (macfergus at unidial.com) said something that sounded like:
> An alternative draft:
How about another one slightly different mostly in wording. Drop a word
here and there, change a word, etc.
I rather like this purpose statement since it does not put timeframes on
it, and does not exclude any form of dance.
Purpose statement: The primary purpose of the Guild is to promote the
learning and teaching of Medieval, Renaissance, and SCA (original and
commonly performed) dances.
The purpose of the guild shall be achieved by:
* facilitating communication between existing dance guilds;
* assisting any local group in forming a dance guild;
* maintaining a roster of dance teachers throughout the Kingdom;
* producing and updating a Kingdom-wide dance manual including, where
appropriate, regional variations;
* providing and updating a discography;
* producing dance tapes and/or compact discs;
* encouraging research in Medieval, Renaissance and SCA dances; and
* recognizing excellence in dance teaching.
I think this puts everything in that the *guild* should do. As well, it
does not overly encumber the purpose by including things like Kingdom
Dance & Music, who does these things, possible newsletters, etc.
Btw, I think this focusing on a single item at a time is turning out
very well. This will reduce a lot of unneccessary discussions if we have
the basics down first.
Phelim "Pug" Gervase | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
Barony of Bryn Gwlad | graceful about that lady. A young woman bursting with
House Flaming Dog | vigor. She blinked at the sudden light. She writes
pug at pug.net | beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"
Note: The views do not reflect the SCA nor the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
Go to http://lists.ansteorra.org/lists.html to perform mailing list tasks.
More information about the Ansteorra-dancers