AD - The Charter

Russell russmax at cowboy.net
Mon Jul 12 21:19:20 PDT 1999

Know all by these presents, that we Daffydd Whittaker, King, and Octavia
de Verdon, Queen of Ansteorra, to the profit of all our realm do grant
for us and our heirs, charter for the

Ansteorran Guild of European Dancers

a Kingdom wide dance guild of Ansteorra.

The primary purpose of our guild is to promote the learning, teaching
and performance of medieval, renaissance, and original and commonly
performed SCA dances. This guild shall achieve those purposes by
facilitating communication between existing dance guilds, assisting any
local group in forming a dance guild, maintaining a roster of dance
teachers throughout the Kingdom, producing and updating a Kingdom dance
manual, providing and updating a discography, producing dance tapes
and-or compact discs, encouraging research in medieval, renaissance and
SCA dances, recognizing excellence in dance teaching, and recognizing
excellence in dance performance.

Membership in this guild shall be open to any person in the SCA who is
interested in medieval, renaissance, and SCA dance. A guild member is a
person who is interested in dances from the SCA period and the current
middle ages. A guild member is expected to know or learn basic dance
etiquette, basic dance steps, and a few basic dances known generally
throughout Ansteorra. One becomes a guild member by sending his or her
SCA and mundane name and address to the guild proctor expressing
interest. The guild member will be informed of the guild's activities
and projects.

We hold our guild proctor responsible for overseeing the activities of
our guild and ensuring that the purpose of the guild is pursued. The
proctor will be elected by the members of the guild.

This our guild will establish a set of bylaws by which the guild shall
be governed. Such bylaws may be added to or changed by a two thirds
majority of assembled guild members including those who send absentee
votes by letter. Proposed bylaws will be announced at least two months
in advance of the vote, which will be done at a Kingdom Calendar event.

In witness of which we do place our hands this 11th day of July A.S. XXXIV

Daffydd, King 				Octavia, Queen