AD - Bylaws discussions at Steppes Warlord.

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Thu Jun 3 11:30:48 PDT 1999

Pug Bainter wrote:

> Russell (russmax at cowboy.net) said something that sounded like:
> > B.    Journeyman--A Journeyman is an Inceptor who also meets the following
> > standards:
>
> I don't know if "also" is the correct term there, unless you mean that
> they are to have taught 15 dances.

   I that were the case the wording would be 10 *more* dances. Then
again, I'm not sure the word "also" changes the meaning of that sentence
one way or the other. It should probably just be left out.

> > 3.    The letter must be witnessed and signed by any one of the following
> > persons: local Seneschal, local Minister of Arts, local dance guild
> > head. The Magister's name is then added to the roster of Magister dance
> > teachers in Ansteorra.

   Is that what I posted yesterday? That should have been edited down to this:

3. The Magister's name is then added to the roster of Magister dance
teachers in Ansteorra. We rejected the part about Seneschals, etc.
needing to sign the letter being sent it. I thought I had edited that
part out. I'll fix that when I get home. I'm at work now.

> Could the Proctor and/or Kingdom level officers also have signing priveleges?

   Therefore, this comment doesn't really apply.

> For the most part I'm easy pleased about it.
>
> Btw, I realized another by-law issue. One thing that will need to be
> addressed is what does it take to add/change the by-laws after the first
> run.

   Actually, that's addressed in the Charter itself. We added a section
for Bylaws. Changing a bylaw is treated exactly the same as adding a new
one. 2/3 vote of assembled members. Announced 2 months in advance.

--Guillaume