AD - Non-charter related dance ramblings

WeeRosebud@aol.com WeeRosebud at aol.com
Thu Jun 3 22:16:55 PDT 1999

To all dancers on this list:

I realize that everyone is still excited about the charter, and everything,
but I think this list can also be used for comparing notes on what we are
doing.  I for one, am curious how many dancers we really do have, and what
type of dances they are doing.  So, does anyone want to share but me?  This
is what's going on up here:

Of late in Moonschadowe, we've been averaging about 6 at our weekly dance
guild meetings every Thursday, including one of our most faithful dancers,
Lady Capricia, who drives 1 1/2 hours from Namron.  Few attended shire dance
last month, we had a nearly equal amount of dancers and musicians.  For our
Guild meetings, Lord Guillaume has a schedule worked out: we work on the
really hard stuff the first hour of practice (Il Canario, or whatever
performance piece), we work on slightly difficult stuff the next hour (La
Volta, etc....), and then the next hour and a half is devoted to more basic
dances.  There is still hope that we can find enough people in the shire to
do les bouffons (I call it the puffins, because of its goofy step, but I
guess you could call it the buffoons.....) again.  Tonight was great, as
dance practices go.  We had 6, and a perfect male:female ratio.

I just wonder what everyone else is doing.  I guess I don't know about your
dance habits.  SHARE!

Fanatically,

Isabeau