AD - Middle Eastern Vs. European

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Tue Jun 22 15:42:02 PDT 1999

Pug Bainter wrote:

> As I read the charter, everything except the name of the Guild is good
> to go if Middle Eastern is added.

   I agree with Avatar. I really don't think that Middle Eastern dance
would fit well within A.G.E.D. We just don't have enough in common. It
would be an automatic split within the guild. And our teacher levels
would be meaningless to them. The enthusiasm of most of us for dance
does not extend to both types. We would need two proctors, because a
ren-dancing proctor wouldn't be much help to the M.E. community, and
vice versa. At the point we have two proctors, it might as well be an
alliance of two separate guilds.

   I think both groups would benefit from an alliance, and working
together when we have common goals. However, that's going to require
that they form their own guild. I don't think it would benefit either
group to include M.E. dance in the scope of A.G.E.D.

Guillaume