AD - Non-charter related dance ramblings

dewalden at flash.net dewalden at flash.net
Fri Jun 4 08:13:19 PDT 1999

Greetings!

> I realize that everyone is still excited about the charter, and
> everything, but I think this list can also be used for comparing notes on
> what we are doing.

I heartily agree.  Having access to other's people brains to pick is what I am
most excited about regarding the Kingdom Guild.  So here is what's going on
down here in Bryn Gwlad...

We vary on the number of dancers we'll have each night - usually averaging 8 or
10, although we've been known to overfill the room we're using (especially on
evenings when I least expect it - like during Gulf Wars!).  We tend to do many
of the "simpler" dances - ECD, Pavans, Almans, etc - because it's possible to
decifer them straight from written notes, and that is mostly what I have had to
work with in the past.  Also, it is what I have most experience in.  I have only
recently been properly introduced to Italian Ren last year when I took
Guillaume's class at the KDM Symposium.  I also have to admit that I find ECD
fun which is why I enjoy them so much and why I force my dancers to do them
so often (although I have yet to hear them complain about it <g>).

We actually have a very unique situation down here in that we usually tend to
have more males than females at practice!  Luckily our gentlemen are confident
enough in their manhood to not mind (at least not TOO much) to play the part
of a female from time to time.

We also a performance-based Dance Troupe which was recently started by
Myfanwy.  But as I have yet to attend one of these practices, for one reason or
another, she will have to fill you in on what is happening there.

Yvette