AD - Guild Charter--GUILD PROCTOR

Kelly Erickson elinthetimid at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 10:44:58 PDT 1999

>Why do we need or want the Crown's approval of the Proctor? It almost
> >makes it sound like we can't decide for ourselves who will be >Proctor. I
>personnally don't think the Crown really needs to be >involved in this
>decision (besides being *another* burden dropped >into their already very
>full hands).  If it's just to rubber-stamp >what the Guild decides, why
>bother the Crown with it?

I suppose it would be largely just a rubber stamp, but as a kingdom guild we
are subject to the Crown, and it would be a courtesy. I don't see them being
terribly burdened by it, if it's just a rubber stamp, and I think it would
be better to give them the option of saying, oh, that person has always been
a big troublemaker, or something.
Elin