AD - everything at once

Kaitlyn McKenna kaitlyn_mckenna at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 05:40:40 PDT 1999

Greetings All,

Well...just so I can get something in before the deadline of the weekend(of
which I will be gone out of the country for all of and some of next week), I
do have a lot of suggestions and objections to many of the proposed
changes/creations.  I know this is vague, but several of us work on a
different time scale than the rest of you apparently.  This is all moving
way too fast.  Most proposals start with a purpose(we have that mostly).
Then they have specific goals to fulfil the purposes(we don't have that
unless you count the bullet points).  These goals should each be
1.neccessary to the purpose, 2.measurable, and 3. achievable.  Then we do
implementation.  Many of our "goals" do not qualify.  We have gone straight
to implementation...but what are we really implementing.  Which of the
"goals" does the "level system" satify?  We seem to be creating a charter(
the governing rules of our guild) with everything based on the proctor(talk
about adding political overtones) and quantity over quality.  I am all for
levels and the rest if it is merited to fulfil a specific goal.  A guild to
provide warm fuzzies with a nod to quality just doesn't do it for me.  With
time and organized deliberation, I think this guild could be a very strong
force for dance.  As it is currently going, any household could implement
the same thing.

By the way, without the Crown signature, this is just a household guild.  To
be a Kingdom guild, we need the signature of the crown, and as such only the
Crown can change the Charter.  Whereas, bylaws done after the charter can be
changed by membership.  With a little more time, things like this can be
solved.

Sorry I have been quiet for sooo long on all of this, but real life has been
happening on a grand scale.  I have also been reticent to jump into what
seems to be already decided and being dictated(if no one objects).  If I say
change this and this and it is done (if no one objects) we will never get
anything done.

I am glad that there is such enthusiam to support dance, but we need to make
sure that we create what we mean to create for the long run..not just for
ourselves today.

kaitlyn