AD - Tentative PURPOSE section.

Russell russmax at cowboy.net
Tue May 11 11:37:03 PDT 1999

Here's what we have for the purpose. It's almost the same as what was
decided at Crown, with only one addition. If no one else has anything to
add, I won't bring it up again until Steppes Warlord.
--Guillaume

PURPOSE

   The primary purpose of the Guild is to promote the learning,
teaching, and performance of Medieval, Renaissance, and SCA (original
and commonly performed) dances. The purpose of the guild shall be
achieved by:

* facilitating communication between existing dance guilds;
* assisting any local group in forming a dance guild;
* maintaining a roster of dance teachers throughout the Kingdom;
* producing and updating a Kingdom dance manual;
* providing and updating a discography;
* producing dance tapes and/or compact discs;
* encouraging research in Medieval, Renaissance and SCA dances; and
* recognizing excellence in dance teaching.
* recognizing excellence in dance performance.