AD - Tentative PROCTOR section

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Fri May 14 08:57:28 PDT 1999

dssweet at okstate.edu wrote:

> >A proxy vote is a letter sent by an absent Guild Member authorizing
> >another Guild Member to vote for them. An absentia vote is a letter sent
> >by an absent Guild Member specifying how their vote should be cast.
>
> Ok, I really only favor the absentia vote, not the proxy vote. It's not that I
> don't trust some of you kind people, it's just I know that sometimes I can agree
> with Lady X about topic F, but disagree strongly with them about topic M. And I
> think something about specifying the date/event in the letter should be stated,
> to prevent continual proxy/absentia voting. Not that I think anyone would cheat
> on purpose, but it might be too tempting if someone had a letter giving them
> proxy voting and there was no time limiting factor involved. As long as the
> person the proxy is for does not appear at events, it could be used
> indefinitely.

   My assumption was that the letter would be good for one event or
meeting only. That's what I get for assuming, eh? Let me add a couple of
words to the above.

A proxy vote is a letter sent by an absent Guild Member authorizing
another Guild Member to vote for them at one meeting of the Guild. An
absentia vote is a letter sent by an absent Guild Member specifying how
their vote should be cast at one meeting of the Guild.

   S'ok?

Guillaume