AD - A lone voice in the wilderness...

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Fri May 14 09:51:55 PDT 1999

Kelly Erickson wrote:

> I agree with what you have so far for the purpose, membership, and guild
> proctor sections. For simplicity, you might want to add the 'proxy and
> absentia votes are accepted' line at the end, rather than repeating it with
> each discription of a vote.
> Elin

   I agree that there's a problem with that section. For reference, I'll
quote it here:

The Proctor is chosen by the simple majority of the current Guild
roster. The vote is counted at a designated official Kingdom Calendar
event, announced to all Guild Members at least one month in advance, in
the Black Star or by newsletter, and by electronic communication. Proxy
and absentia votes are recognized.

The Proctor's term of office shall be one year. A Proctor may serve a
second term if the Proctor desires it and a simple majority of the
current Guild roster approves. No Proctor may serve more than two
consecutive terms. The vote is counted at a designated Kingdom Calendar
event. Proxy and absentia votes are recognized.

   Try replacing the 2nd paragraph with this:

The Proctor's term of office shall be one year. A Proctor may be
re-elected to a second term, but may not serve more than two consecutive terms.

   S'ok?

Guillaume