AD - voting for proctor

Kelly Erickson elinthetimid at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 16:12:03 PDT 1999

We need to say a simple majority of either all guild members, or of all
voters. Since, as you say, people may get on the list and then lose
interest, and since we seem to be allowing for both proxy and absentia
votes, I think it makes sense to just say of all voting members.
(slight digression)
But either way, we might want to add a clause for tidying up the list every
year or two. I'd say we should leave that to the Proctor, but lest anyone
say it's make the Proctor all powerful... How about having a regular
publication of the guild list, and if no one speaks for a person within x
amount of time, they will be removed. That way anybody who knows the person
could say they're still interested, and no one should go crazy with the
black marker crossing people off the list. And in case anyone asks, I'm all
for letting people back in at their previous standing (this is assuming we
have ranks) if they move and come back. Unless we're going to require a
certain amount of activity...but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.
Elin