AD - Guild Charter -MEMBERSHIP

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Thu May 6 09:53:01 PDT 1999

>MEMBERSHIP:
>Any person in the SCA who is interested in dance may become a member of
>the Guild. A Guild Member is a person who is interested in dances from
>the SCA period and the current Middle Ages. The Guild Member is expected
>to know or learn basic dance etiquette, basic dance steps for branles,
>pavans, and almans, and one or two dances known generally throughout
>Ansteorra. One becomes a Guild Member by sending his/her SCA and mundane
>name and address to the Guild Proctor, expressing interest. The Guild
>Member will be informed of the Guild's activities and projects.

Just some slight revisions here.

"The Guild Member is expected to know or learn basic dance etiquette, basic
dance steps, and basic dances known generally throughout Ansteorra."

It seems kinda silly to me, anyways, to delineate the types of dance steps &
specify 1 or 2 dances. Is someone going to keep score (or a list) proving that
the Guild Member knows that?? Better to be more general, IMHO.

"The Guild Member will be informed of the Guild's activities and projects."

Umm, how?? By who? The Proctor? Are we going to have a newsletter, mass
emailings, phone calls? Blurbs in the BlackStar? Just curious here.  :)

Estrill
Mooneschadoweshire