AD - Guild Charter--GUILD PROCTOR

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Thu May 6 10:28:31 PDT 1999

Guillaume said:
>>"The Proctor is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Guild,
>>and ensuring that the Purpose of the Guild is pursued. The Proctor's
>>duties are as follows:"

Sounds ok to me.

Duties #1, 2, 3, 4, 6 - ok as is

#5 - To report to the Kingdom Minister Of Arts and Sciences on the
>progress, projects, and activities of both the Ansteorran Dance Guild.

Delete "both". Probably accidentally left in.

Guillaume on Kingdom Dance Event & the Proctor
>>Should they simply make sure that the guild works well with the autocrat
>>of the Kingdom Dance event?

yes to this, but it's almost understood anyways.

>   We need to set the Proctor's term of office. Should it be one year or
>two? Indefinite? Until they want to step down or they're removed?

I favor one year with the ability to succeed yourself for an additional year (a
total of two years as Proctor if they're really good). Then we get a new one.

>"If the Proctor's duties aren't performed satisfactorily, the Proctor
>may be removed by a 2/3 majority of the assembled Guild members at a
>Crown Tournament or Coronation event."

You say "assembled Guild members". So "proxy" votes will not count here?
Otherwise, I'm ok with the 2/3 majority & either Crown/Coronation as location.

Estrill
(gads, I'm opinionated today)