AD - judging dance

Kaitlyn McKenna kaitlyn_mckenna at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 14:14:36 PST 2000

Hi all,

Well..since I got such ineffective answers on the sca dance list..why don't
we all try here to find answers that work for us(very Ansteorran thing to
do).

What elements do all of you see as important in the judging of dance? Dance
as a category of performing arts in Gulf Wars is starting to become a
tradition, and as one of the people who usually ends up judging in this
kingdom, I would love the Ansteorran dancers perspective.

How do you think the different classes of dance should compare?  Should
technique be more/less important than grace/presentation?

interested in answers,
kaitlyn