AD - Re: Please help us decide what to teach at KDMW

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Thu Apr 5 00:23:48 PDT 2001

Fellow Dancers (and event organizers),

   We posted this note about 6 weeks ago here on Ansteorra-Dancers. Since
then, we have received 2 responses. One was for us to teach La Volta, and
the other was to teach Galliards emphasizing movement and style, rather than
rote step patterns.

   Isabeau is currently spending several months in Spain, where she is
learning some traditional Spanish dances. Isabeau has requested that we
teach Il Canario using some of the Spanish styling she is learning. Il
Canario is in an Italian source, but that source claims that it is a Spanish
dance form.

   Thus, we desire to teach 2 classes: La Volta (with galliards) & Il
Canario. We will need 90 minutes to teach La Volta, and 3 hours to teach Il
Canario.

   We notice the class schedule for Kingdom Dance is being set up for 1 hour
time blocks. We will adapt to whatever is available, but we have found 90
minute blocks to be much better suited to dance classes. On the other hand,
the 1 hour blocks allow more classes and a larger variety. We just wanted to
make the suggestion for longer class periods.

   Please, please, please do not schedule either of our classes opposite
Yvonne Kendall's dance class, if she teaches one. If this happens, we
suspect one of our classes will not get taught.

Merci beaucoup,
HL Guillaume de Troyes et Lady Isabeau Lallement