AD - Re: Please help us decide what to teach at KDMW

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Sun Apr 8 22:25:36 PDT 2001

You've apparently misread what I posted.  I agree that local styling
would influence a dance.  Whether or not this particular dance (Il
Canario) is Spanish does not matter.  My question was about Spanish
"traditional" styling.  Is there any evidence that this goes to the 16th
century?  Most "traditional" dances, costumes, songs, etc. go back to
the Victorian-era when the world discovered tourism and local people
wanted something to show the nice, money-laden visitors.

--Perronnelle

--
No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.  -- Stanislaus
Lezczynski
mailto:findbook at flash.net