AD - Re: Yvonne Kendall at Kingdom Dance

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Tue Feb 20 23:15:25 PST 2001

ihon,

   That is absolutely wonderful news. I haven't seen her since Texas Toot a
couple of years ago. I wonder if she's finished revising her Negri
translation. For those who don't know, Dr. Kendall's PhD dissertation is a
full Italian to English translation of Negri's Le Gratie d'Amore, including
putting the music into modern notation. It has been my best source of 16th
century Italian dance these past couple of years.

   This is great consolation to me, since I am going to be unable to attend
Known World Dance in Boston. (sniff...)

   It does upstage me, though, since I was planning to teach a class in 16th
century Italian dance. Well, I suppose I still could. More to come on that
note.

HL Guillaume de Troyes