[Anst-dancers] Minutes from A.G.E.D. Meeting...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jul 26 20:27:42 PDT 2001

Scot and Michelle Henry (henrycs at ix.netcom.com) said something that sounded like:
> 1.  They tend to be our highest profile players since that is how one wins
> crown (along with the rapier fighters who also need to be invited to share
> their chivalrousness with us).  Also, we can combat the "I'm a guy.  I don't
> dance." syndrome if our "manly men" dance.

Your best person to get on your side for this is Count Mahadi. He is
already on a quest to have squires learn to dance since it helps them
with their footwork on the field.. If he focused his energy at the
chivalry instead, it would mean the squires promptly follow.

Btw, I know many Crowns who try to encourage this for certain events at
least. I remember most of Ansteorra going dancing at Pennsic under Daffyd
and Octavia.

> 2.  It was mentioned that dancing used to be required of squires in order to
> become a knight and it seems that requirement has since fallen to the
> wayside.  We're hoping to reinstill it.

Actually it's true for all Peers. They must have the "courtly graces"
which dancing is but one of the items listed as examples.

Hmmm. Squires and Cadets Invitational used to require dancing as one of
the items. This has gone by the wayside. Maybe that is a good place to
start again since it's a heavily attended event by that class of people.

> 3.  (mostly my own idea here)  They are mostly men and we need more men to
> dance (before I make good on my male persona  for dance threat).

You just live in the wrong group. *grin* Our Barony has often had more
men than women.

Ciao,