[Anst-dancers] Minutes from A.G.E.D. Meeting...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jul 27 05:35:40 PDT 2001

Charlene Charette (charlene at flash.net) said something that sounded like:
> > Hmmm. Squires and Cadets Invitational used to require dancing as one of
> > the items. This has gone by the wayside. Maybe that is a good place to
> > start again since it's a heavily attended event by that class of people.
> Doesn't it still?

I don't think it has *required* it for some time. I believe it became
an optional thing that you didn't have to do anymore.

> Which brings up one of my hot buttons.  At S&C the entrants are expected
> to show up to the event knowing how to fight, having prepared an A&S
> entry, having prepared a bardic piece, etc.  But for dance they show up
> expecting to be taught.  Part of that may be because a dance is selected
> for everyone and not everyone has the same resources to learn it (not to
> mention all the local variations).

Well I know in the past they did require them to know it. (That or we
had squires who really wanted to win.) The dance was announced in
advance and we had several squires show up to dance practice just to
learn that dance.

Ciao,