[Anst-dancers] Squires, Cadets and Bears oh my

Kaitlyn McKenna kaitlyn_mckenna at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:04:02 PDT 2001

Having been the person to run the dance section(along with Perronnelle) for
years, Squires has always been run as a set of areas that you could choose
to participate in or not.  In order to win or even be looked at closely, you
needed to compete in most of the categories which included dance.  Thus,
squires who wanted to be considered seriously by the watching knights would
learn the dance.

As I said at the symposium, the way to get more fighter/men involved in
dance is to recruit more young thin women into the group. I know my lord
took up dance more readily many years ago with a bit of encouragement from
me( I am dancing...you can come with me or not).

kaitlyn