[Anst-dancers] Minutes from A.G.E.D. Meeting...

jhirling at houston.rr.com jhirling at houston.rr.com
Thu Jul 26 19:32:48 PDT 2001

7/26/01 6:30:52 PM, Pug Bainter <pug at pug.net> wrote:

>Russell Kinder (rkinder at austin.rr.com) said something that sounded like:
>>    During the discussion, the idea was that any peer would probably have the
>> influence needed to help sway the belted circle. We wanted a high-ranking,
>> diplomatic person who has a strong desire for more dancing in the kingdom.
>> If that peer is also a knight, even better, but that aspect wasn't
>> discussed.
>
>Whey are we limiting this to the Chivalric circle? A peer is a peer is a
>peer, or are some peers more equal than others?
>
>Ciao,

Good point, Pug.  And, in truth, we didn't limit our discussion to the chivalric circle -- that part of the
discussion grew out of an observation that the Society tends to center around fighting.  I intend shortly
to request folks on all the 'private' lists to post for me a plea to share ideas on how we might further
dance throughout the kingdom -- especially in view of our desire that everyone have knowledge of and
skill in courtly manners and behaviors.  I'd rather post to each list than post a general plea in hopes
that the individual groups might address it from their specific perspectives.
--ihon