[Anst-dancers] Call for Submissions to the Letter of Dance

Katherine Mercer letterofdance at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 19:23:35 PST 2002

Unto the Dancers of the Knowne World does Katherine Mercer send greetings.

I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to all of you who have already been
incredibly supportive of me in my efforts to take over the editorship of the
Letter of Dance.  As many of you know, Master William of Redcape published
his final issue and the editor's cap has officially passed to me.  I would
like to ask you all to take a moment to think about submitting a short
article, review, or letter to the Letter of Dance.  A few generous folks
have contacted me already, but the more articles the better!  Let me make
four specific (fairly easy and fun) suggestions for submissions which would
be readily welcomed here at Letter of Dance HQ:

1)  April Fools articles
    Yeah, I know it's only january, but it's never too early to start
thinking about the annual April edition of the Letter of Dance.

2)  Dance Reconstructions
    I know that there are a lot of you out there with class handouts for
newly reconstructed dances which would be perfect if worked up into LoD
articles.

3)  Book/CD/Video Reviews
Have you read a book about medieval or renaissance dance or music lately?
Found a great new CD?  These reviews don't need to be long and they don't
necessarily need to be scholarly.  If you read (or viewed or listened to) a
source, I'd love your input on it.  Contact me for a list of books and cds
already reviewed.  Interesting looking (and as yet unreviewed) books
include:

Dance History.     Dancing through time : Western social dance in
literature, 1400-1918 : selections / compiled by Allison Thompson.  1998

Dance music from the ballets de cour, 1575 - 1651.