[Anst-dancers] AGED News

Ariane & Morgan rendancers at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 16 10:44:07 PDT 2003

on 8/16/03 10:33 AM, Scot and Michelle Henry at cshenry at ev1.net wrote:

> We were told (and faithfully listened) to use "Sumer is a-comin' in".  It
> works well and is loooonggg enough for people to get the dance on the first
> try without becoming bored.  This song was on a couple of dance CDs I had, I
> think even on a Musica Subterranea CD.  I'd have to double check for sure.
> Not sure about sheet music.

Is that the same as "Sumer is Icumen In" by John of Fornsete (13th c.)? We
have a recording of that song, but it is only 1 minute 44 seconds and I
think remember the dance being longer than that (?). This one sounds like
"Three Blind Mice" (Not to be confused with Larvana or Picking of Sticks,
whatever).

This song is also in Avatar's Medieval music book (pg. 146).

Morgan