[Anst-dancers] Manshaft Pavanne?

Russell Kinder russmax at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 20 20:03:34 PDT 2003

This is a modern SCA choreographed dance. I believe it is done to a
piece of music from the soundtrack of a movie called "The Wives of King
Henry VIII".

We call it the "man-shaft" pavan, or the up-yours pavan, because of the
hand gestures.

Why don't you get them to substitute "Queen's Alman"? that would be
even more appropriate, and period.

Isabeau