[Anst-dancers] Manshaft Pavanne?

Nadine Latief nl33 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 21 06:47:33 PDT 2003

At 10:03 PM 8/20/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>This is a modern SCA choreographed dance. I believe it is done to a
>piece of music from the soundtrack of a movie called "The Wives of King
>Henry VIII".

oooh. that's probably why they want to do it then.

>Why don't you get them to substitute "Queen's Alman"? that would be
>even more appropriate, and period.

I'll attempt to steer them towards period stuff, but the 6 wives of henry
contain some of the stubbornest women of Bryn Gwlad :P

>There is always Villanella!

I've seen 3 versions of Villanella at Pennsic, and the Queen of Trimaris
opened up a Caroso ball with it this year. Very cool. I've decided I really
like that dance. With 6 women dancing them though.. maybe Pavannes/Almandes
would be better..

Lowrie