[Anst-dancers] Re: Farandole (was AGED News)

dewalden at austin.rr.com dewalden at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 14:57:46 PDT 2003

> Does Yvette happen to know the documentation on this dance (Farandole)
> or any other information on it?
>
> parts)? Is this a kind of dance that you just have to have a leader
> that knows it and can call it or is there a step pattern to it (part
> one is 32 beats, ect.)?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Morgan

 Geesh that many years ago - I don't know if I still have my notes.  I
may have passed it on with the other dance stuff when the next
Dance Mistress took over.  I'll look through my files - it may take
me a few days.

As I recall there was no step pattern to it - you just have a leader
who knows it, as you put it.  We used to use it at demos - just make
sure the first 4-5 people are well acquainted with it, then the rest of
the line(s) can be other SCAers mixed with the public.  And it
doesn't really need to be called, since it's basically follow the
leader.

Yvette Royd
dewalden at austin.rr.com